Studio PoliciesMissed lessons: Students are charged for all registered lessons. Notification of a cancellation at least 24 hours in advance is a required courtesy to the teacher, but does not exclude the payment for that lesson.
- Lessons canceled less than 24 hours in advance that are not due to illness or family emergency will not be made up.
- Please do not attend if your child is ill or contagious. Lessons canceled less than 24 hours in advance due to illness or family emergency will be made up.
- If you are not able to come to your lesson, you may swap lesson times with another student.
- Lessons missed by the teacher will be made up at a mutually agreed time. The teacher is not obligated to make up missed make-up lessons.
- If you decide to discontinue your lessons, please notify me at least one month ahead of time. You will be expected to pay the full monthly tuition for that month.
- Practicing and progress on the instrument are directly proportional to one another. The more the student practices, the greater the progress will be.
- Parent support is also an important factor in musical training. Children whose parents take an active interest in their child's progress are more dedicated to their instrument.
Recitals: Recitals are held regularly, and build confidence and motivate students. They also provide parents and family with the opportunity to listen to a performance by their child.
Certificate Advancement Program: The American String Teachers' Association offers the Certificate Advancement Program (CAP), which is a ten year graded course of study that helps with the development of violin and viola performance, technique, and theory. All the students are strongly encouraged to take an interest in this excellent program.
Summer lessons: In the summer months of June and July many students take extended vacations. If you would like to keep your spot in the studio, you need to take at least three private lessons during those two months. Extensive periods without practicing will result in poor performance. If possible, please inform me about your summer plans ahead of time.